Thursday, 7 July 2016

Family of six escape death narrowly as landlord’s okada explodes in Lagos


A family of six narrowly escaped death on Tuesday, July 5, after their building in Okokomaiko, Lagos state went up in flames at the early hours of the morning.
According to Vanguard, the fire was said to have been caused by an explosion from a motorbike which was parked inside the building.
A woman, identified as Mrs Oyinkansola, who was preparing a meal, reportedly positioned her cooking stove and a kerosene lantern, close to the motorcycle, that caused the explosion.
Luckily the trapped tenants were able to escape, with the help of neighbours who broke down the doors to the house. Some of them were also rushed to the hospital.
Ishola Lukman, the landlord of the building and owner of the burnt motorbike, blamed Oyinkansola for the fire incident, noting that she had been warned several times to stop cooking in the veranda.
He said: “She purposely set my new bike on fire when she decided to put her lantern very close to it. If she had cooked by the side of her apartment the bike would not have burnt. I have been parking my bikes at that same spot for long.
“This particular one is new and it is the third I have bought. The fire would have been massive, but for the decking and swift response of neighbours who came to our rescue.”
Meanwhile, there was panic at the Abia State Polytechnic whenAbel killed the landlord of one of the students’ lodges in the Immaculate area of Aba.


The final-year student of the Department of Architecture allegedly stabbed the victim in the stomach during a disagreement at the lodge

0 comments:

For Online PR / Radio /TV / Street Music Promotion Add on Whatsapp OR Call +2347083000648

Email me: musicindustryads@gmail.com
Facebook: musicindustry
Instagram : @musicindustrytv
WhatsApp: +2347083000648